The kids are out trick or treating around the neighborhood and chances are the kids will want to keep their candy all for themselves. You, after all, deserve your very own treat that is not only great for your health but delicious as well. Try these healthy Halloween cocktails that’ll trick and treat your palate.
Time, patience, and a willingness to try something new.
1/2 ounce agave nectar
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (can substitute with 1/2 ounce homemade ginger simple syrup or 1/2 ounce ginger liqueur)
1 1/2 ounces cachaca
1 1/2 ounces pumpkin puree
* Garnish: Nutmeg or Lime wheel
The base of this recipe uses cachaca — a popular distilled spirit from Brazil that is made from sugarcane. If you don’t have cachaca, substitute with white rum instead. Both spirits are products of sugarcane, though cachaca tends to be a tad tarter and sharper.
2. Add cachaca, pumpkin puree, and ice. Shake until thoroughly mixed and chilled. 3.Strain into a glass filled with ice, and garnish with grated nutmeg and a lime wheel. Via Popsugar
2. Turkey and Sage Cocktail
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 4 ounces Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter (see note above)
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice, from one lemon
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Reserve two sage leaves for garnish and muddle the rest gently in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice. Add bourbon, pumpkin butter, lemon juice, and bitters. Shake until well-chilled, about 20 seconds.
- Strain evenly into two coupe glasses and float a sage leaf on top of each drink.
Via Serious Eats
3. Winter Squash Cocktail
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle vodka
- 2 tablespoons / 1 fluid ounce simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon / 1⁄2 fluid ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon / 1⁄2 fluid ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 sage leaf, as garnish
- 1 big pinch ground cinnamon, as garnish
- 1 big pinch freshly grated nutmeg, as garnish
*Note that it might be tastier to roast the squash beforehand to get the ideal texture and flavor. Any blender then should work.
4. Yum Kaan Cocktail
This cocktail is made with, surprisingly enough, candy corn! Okay, so it’s Halloween so it’s not that shocking, but the concept is super unique and delicious. *You may replace the candy corn for with corn. with
Whether you’re mixing one of these unique cocktails for yourself or whipping them up for company, we wish you a Happy Halloween!